How to Minimize Android Application Development Time?
Accuracy and time are two major critical players when it comes to Android app development process. Being an Android developer, your first and foremost priority is to leverage tools that enable you to expedite the development process and fulfill all the product requirements without compromising on accuracy. Since Android development comprises of unique challenges and innumerable components, you need to make sure you have as a developer all the helpful resources to alleviate the burden and perform the process a bit faster.
This is where this informative post comes to your rescue. Here we have summed up different Jet Brains plugins for Android Studio that help minimize development time while building an Android application.
Install Plugin Tips for Android Studio:
You can find Plugins option from the below mentioned path:
- Open the “Android Studio”
- In the top menu, click on “File” option.
- In that left-hand panel, click on “Settings” option.
- Go to the “Plugins” option.
By performing above steps you can view the following screen:
Here, in this screen, you can view a list of all the available plugins within Android Studio.
Now, in bottom there are 3 options:
- Install JetBrains plugin…
- Browse repositories
- Install plugin from disk
- “Install JetBrains plugin…” and “Browse repositories” options:
- On the Plugins page that opens in the right-hand part of the dialog box, click the Install JetBrains plugin or the Browse repositories button.
- In the dialog that opens (the Browse JetBrains Plugins dialog or the Browse Repositories dialog), right-click the required plugin and select Download and Install.
Note that when looking for the plugin of interest, you can filter the plugin list while performing a relevant search.
- Confirm your intention to download and install the selected plugin.
- Click Close.
- Click OK in the Settings dialog and restart Android Studio for the changes to take effect.
Note that the plugin you have installed is automatically enabled. When necessary, you can also disable it.
“Install plugin from disk” option:
- You can also install plugins manually.
- You can find all the plugins at https://plugins.jetbrains.com/androidstudio
- You can download any JAR or ZIP file of any plugin and then can install it manually.
There are various plugins available online that you can scour and pick those with greater influence on your product development process. Here we have discussed two significant plugins that contributes to time reduction for developers.
- Android View Generator
Android View Generator:
You can search this plugin with keywords “Android View Generator” within Android Studio to install it.
Or You can download this plugin from following link to install it manually: https://plugins.jetbrains.com/plugin/8219-android-view-generator
Uses of this plugin:
- Generate fields from selected layout XMLs in activities/fragments/adapters
- Initialize the fields by findViewById method
- Generate viewholder-template for adapter
You can search this plugin by entering keywords “Json2Pojo” within Android Studio to install it.
OR You can download this plugin from following link to install it manually: https://plugins.jetbrains.com/plugin/8533-json2pojo
Uses of this plugin:
- Allows for easy creation of Java POJOs from JSON, with GSON annotations and accessors.
- Once installed, just right-click on the destination package and choose “New -> Generate POJOs from JSON”, then enter in your root class name and source JSON text.
I hope the plugins we described here will be handy for developers who wish to save on Android application development time. There is much more you can expect from Android plugins and they all help developers build mobile apps with much speed, ease and convenience. You can pick and choose and install them depending on the project suitability and requirements. For more details, call Spaculus at +1-210-209-8360 or send us an email at email@example.com